Have you been in a situation where you are unable to login or connect to your Snapchat? Do you know what to do if you find yourself in such a situation like that? This article while be discussing on all you need to know on how to fix your Snapchat if it is not working.
You’re taking tons of amazing pictures and videos with your friends, but when you open Snapchat later on, all those memories are gone. It might seem like a mistake you can live with, but it starts adding up fast. If this has ever happened to you before, there are ways to fix it and we want to help get your snaps back!
The whole Snapchat system runs on a user account. You therefore must have a user account to be able to access and use the Snapchat app. If you find you are unable to login or connect to your Snapchat, the first thing you need to do is logout of your current user account.
Snapchat is one of the most outstanding chatting and messaging applications to use on a daily basis. It is quite easy to use as well. One good thing about this app is that it offers a variety of features which makes sharing interesting moments and images with friends much easier.
With Snapchat, you can also share videos, images and texts with your family or friends. You can even create an account for yourself using your telephone number or email address. You can add people from your contact list or add new contacts by adding their phone numbers or email addresses either manually or using the search feature provided.
Is Your Snapchat Not Working?
Here, we will be looking into possible ways to fix your Snapchat if your Snapchat is not working. There are so many reasons to why your Snapchat is not working. Here are 6 steps to take on fixing this problem of if your Snapchat is not working.
1. Check If Snapchat Service Is Down
Even though Snapchat has been rated as one of the best social and messaging applications to use, it is also prone to intermittent glitches. Sometimes there might be situations where the app might not work in the way you want it to work.
This can be a major problem if you are not able to login or connect to your Snapchat. Before doing anything else, check if Snapchat service is down or not. To do this, go on the website of your provider and look for any alerts posted about Snapchat being down or issues with the app.
If there is any update about it, you should wait for it for a while before proceeding with other steps.
2. Close Snapchat and Re-Login
Once you have checked if the issue is associated with Snapchat service, close the app and let it close completely. Now, open Snapchat again and then see if the problem is solved or not.
You can repeat that a couple of times to see if your Snapchat is working properly or not. If it is not, then the workaround will be to restart your smartphone. This can solve many issues with your Snapchat.
3. Clear cache and data.
Clearing the cache and data on your Snapchat app can be very helpful in fixing this problem of your Snapchat not working. This step is only applicable if you have owned the phone for a while, as you cannot clear the data without clearing the phone’s apps too. If you have recently purchased a new phone, then this step to fix your Snapchat may be ignored.
The steps to follow are:
1) Go to settings on your phone and find “apps” within the settings menu. The exact name that it should be under will vary from device to device but it will generally appear somewhere near “storage” or “device administration.” It is important to know where this option is so that you will also be able to clear the data and cache on your Snapchat app without making a mistake.
2) Now, swipe over to the Snapchat app. It should be somewhere near the bottom of your list. You can either tap and hold your finger on this app or you can scroll down so that you find it.
If you do not have it at the top of your list, then go back to settings and see if there is any updates for this particular app or any new features added to it recently. You may need to update the operating system too if it has been more than a week since its release date.
3) Tap on “clear” or swipe left and then tap on the Snapchat app. This should take you to a page where you can check if this data and cache is cleared or scheduled for clearing.
4) After doing this, you may have to restart your phone in order for it to take effect. If your phone restarts automatically, then the reset hasn’t taken place yet. Now, restart your phone again by turning it off and back on so that the device is able to do the next steps correctly. When your phone restarts again, you should now be able to use Snapchat as usual again.
4. Update Snapchat.
If your Snapchat app is still not working, then you may want to consider looking for any updates for Snapchat and updating the application in order for it to work properly again. There is a chance that you may have missed an update the last time you opened the application and this can cause this problem of your Snapchat not working.
You should remember that it’s always better to be safe than sorry whenever it comes to updating any of your applications on your phone. Some phones do have auto-update options but if yours does not, then you should check manually to see if there are any updates available on a regular basis.
5. Reinstall the app.
If these two steps did not work, then you may want to manually uninstall and reinstall the Snapchat app. This will be a more powerful option compared to the other two and you can only do this if you know where the app is. If there are other Snapchat users on your phone, you should look for this app in the following locations:
1) Go to Settings and access your Apps.
2) Scroll down until you can find the Snapchat app.
3) Tap on the Snapchat app and select “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu. This will take you back to your home screen. You can then reinstall it by downloading it from Google Play or another online store like Amazon, Appstore or iTunes.
6. Check Your Internet Connection
There is a chance that you might need to check your Internet connection if this problem of your Snapchat not working won’t stop. Many messaging apps like Snapchat use a lot of data and if you are using high-speed Internet, then there may be some issues when it comes to using them.
There could be two reasons why this is happening; either there is an issue with your Internet connection or the Internet connection setting might be turned off on your phone. You can try turning off your phone and restarting it in order to see if the problem will get fixed.
This article has highlighted some steps to take if your Snapchat is not working and you are having problems with it. As you can see, the issue with Snapchat service being down is almost always caused by your Internet connection and not the app itself.
All these steps should be able to fix your problem of Snapchat being down and will ensure that you are able to use this great feature again.
Snapchat is quite an amazing application and you should definitely be using it to send images and videos to your friends. In the event that you lose access to Snapchat, there are a number of things that you can do in order to fix the issue. You should try each one of these steps and see if they will help you with your problem.