DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mary Kay Inc., a world entrepreneurship growth firm and advocate for company social accountability and sustainability, in the present day launched its year-end highlights. In 2021, Mary Kay Inc. continued its decades-long dedication to enriching the lives of girls across the globe and constructing more healthy, extra sustainable communities.
Study extra about Mary Kay’s 2021 accomplishments on this report.
2021 YEAR-END HIGHLIGHTS
- Mary Kay acquired 58 awards and recognition honors in 2021, together with: COVID Response (22 awards), recognition from companions in social affect/annual experiences (4), Mary Kay administration acknowledged for management (7), enterprise excellence (10) and an award-winning documentary (4 awards; 5 screening picks). Moreover, Mary Kay and/or its iconic founder, Mary Kay Ash, have been featured in two Harvard Enterprise Case Research, three textbooks, and one analysis paper.
- Introduced the appointment of Wendy Wang as President of its Asia Pacific Area. 54% of Mary Kay’s world govt group is feminine.
- Mary Kay markets celebrated anniversaries: Mary Kay Lithuania (10 years) and Mary Kay Germany (35 years).
- Named one among America’s Greatest Mid-Sized Employers 2021 by Forbes.
Mary Kay World Design Studio & Digital Innovation to Improve the Buyer Expertise
- Mary Kay World Design Studio and Glamhive introduced the first-ever world TikTok actuality present based mostly on fashion, Step & Repeat. The competition showcased expertise in wardrobe, make-up & hair from TikTok customers worldwide. Individuals showcased their skills from greater than 30 international locations, and the ground-breaking marketing campaign was featured within the UK Each day Mail, The Each day Entrance Row, and Vogue Enterprise highlighting its modern strategy to utilizing the comparatively new social media platform.
- Launched Suite 13, a magnificence expertise that makes use of digital actuality to digitize the corporate’s first digital pop-up showroom; Mary Kay MirrorMe™ for augmented-reality makeovers and Mary Kay® Pores and skin Analyzer App to scan your face for a personalized skincare routine.
- Celebrated 25 years partnering with World Magnificence Ambassador, Luis Casco.
Science Behind the Magnificence
- Scientific Options™ skincare launched, which consists of Mary Kay Scientific Options™ Retinol 0.5 and Mary Kay Scientific Options™ Calm + Restore Facial Milk and acquired the Dermatologists’ Council Seal.
- Dr. Michelle Hines, Ph.D., Mary Kay Director of Product Formulation, was introduced as president-elect for the Society of Beauty Chemists (SCC).
- In collaboration with Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID), introduced Pores and skin Well being/Pores and skin Illness Grants. Grants might be awarded to researchers conducting groundbreaking, modern research in pores and skin well being and pores and skin illnesses to uncover new views and intervention methods.
- Introduced recipients of a number of science academic grants together with: the Society of Beauty Chemists and Mary Kay Inc. – Madam C.J. Walker Scholarships, in assist of under-represented minority college students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate diploma in chemical, bodily, medical, pharmaceutical, organic, or associated sciences and expertise; and offered 5 Women in STEAM grants to younger ladies at present engaged in modern analysis. The 2021 recipients included: Mylana Brodovska, Ukraine; Selin Alara Ornek, Turkey; Jordan Reeves, U.S.; Ivanna Hernandez, Colombia; and Allie Weber, U.S.
- Unveiled analysis at a number of digital science conferences. The analysis included: sharing analysis on a gradual retinization course of that considerably improves tolerance to larger concentrated pure retinol, whereas nonetheless delivering retinol’s key pores and skin advantages; introduced the findings for topical software of pure retinol enhancing hyperpigmentation in an Asian inhabitants; and Modulating mechanisms related to pores and skin barrier perform successfully alleviates 2 widespread considerations related to delicate pores and skin.
- In 2021, Mary Kay’s world Pink Altering LivesSM trigger empowerment program supported over 15 NGOs all over the world. Since 2008, this system has impacted greater than six million ladies and their households by partnering with over 3,000 organizations, donating over $16 million.
- Mary Kay China: China’s Henan province was affected by extreme flooding. As a result of floods, at the very least 33 folks have been killed, 8 others went lacking, 200,000 folks have been evacuated, 3 million folks have been affected, and the direct financial loss was about $1.22 billion yuan. Mary Kay China donated 1-million-yuan price of merchandise to Henan Charity Federation.
- Mary Kay Germany: European floods impacted Germany, Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands and ranked as essentially the most harmful pure hazard in Northern Europe. Mary Kay Germany pledged as much as $100,000 euros to assist these affected.
- Mary Kay Spain: In 2020-21, partnered with the Fundación Vicente Ferrer to offer well being care entry to youngsters and their households in India. Previous to the COVID-19 pandemic (in 2018), Mary Kay Spain financed the development of a college for kids in Pagadalavaripalli village, positioned within the Kadiri (Anantapur) area of India.
- Introduced dedication to advancing gender parity by releasing a place paper welcoming the European Fee’s Gender Equality Technique for 2020 – 2025 and by becoming a member of the Era Equality Discussion board in Paris and 5 World Motion Coalitions to speed up gender equality by 2026.
- In collaboration with UN Girls, ILO & WE Empower, re-released, “Strengthening Help for Girls Entrepreneurs in COVID-19 Response and Restoration” on the Fee on the Standing of Girls (CSW65).
- Mary Kay and the Mary Kay Ash BasisSM have been acknowledged within the Report of the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Girls on the actions of the United Nations belief fund in assist of actions to get rid of violence in opposition to ladies to the Fee on the Standing of Girls (CSW65) and Human Rights Council.
Variety, Fairness & Inclusion (DEI)
- Introduced 100% of U.S.-based Administrators and above accomplished necessary Unconscious Bias coaching.
- Launched Gender Variety within the Office Information: 54% of Mary Kay’s world govt group is feminine; 61% of Mary Kay’s world workforce is feminine; and 54% of World Vice Presidents and above are feminine; 59% of Administrators and above are feminine.
- In collaboration with world accomplice Equal Rights Belief, introduced the launch of modern analysis on gender inequality in algorithms and synthetic intelligence aimed toward addressing equality and gender impacts of algorithmic techniques, introduced by Mary Kay.
- Introduced world sustainability technique: Enriching Lives At the moment for a Sustainable Tomorrow. Our holistic strategy encompasses three pillars of sustainability—financial, environmental and social—via 5 pillars, activated by 15 commitments to ship a decade of sustainable motion.
- Turned a signatory to 2 essential causes in defending our world’s waterways: the CEO Water Mandate and the United Nations World Compact’s Sustainable Ocean Ideas.
- Joined the Ellen MacArthur Basis as a member of its Community, as a part of its dedication to changing into a extra sustainable, round enterprise.
- Mary Kay launched its second documentary, Forest of Hope, in October throughout the 2021 UN Local weather Change Convention (COP26). The documentary highlights the work of Angelica, a 70-year eco-warrior and chief of a bunch of girls entrepreneurs dedicated to saving the forests of Monterrey.
- By way of its partnership with Arbor Day Basis, the Time for Timber® initiative, introduced attaining the dedication to planting 100 million bushes and galvanizing 5 million new tree planters by April of 2022, was achieved one yr forward of schedule.
- Mary Kay has partnered with the Nature Conservancy since 1991. In 2021, Mary Kay supported seven initiatives within the Solomon Islands, Northern Australia, New Zealand, rural China, Mexico, america, and Canada.
About Mary Kay
One of many unique glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash based her magnificence firm practically 60 years in the past with three objectives: develop rewarding alternatives for girls, provide irresistible merchandise, and make the world a greater place. That dream has blossomed right into a multibillion-dollar firm with thousands and thousands of impartial gross sales pressure members in practically 40 international locations. Mary Kay is devoted to investing within the science behind magnificence and manufacturing cutting-edge skincare, coloration cosmetics, and fragrances. Mary Kay is dedicated to empowering ladies and their households by partnering with organizations from all over the world, specializing in supporting most cancers analysis, defending survivors from home abuse, beautifying our communities, and inspiring youngsters to comply with their goals. Mary Kay Ash’s unique imaginative and prescient continues to shine—one lipstick at a time. Study extra at www.MaryKayGlobal.com.